ON AGE & GENDER:
My child in the Beckham Buddies age group (3-6) doesn’t want to participate, what do you recommend I do?
• Be encouraging but never pressure your child to participate. It often happens that the child is still adjusting to the group and needs to watch first before joining in.
• Comments like ‘good job!’, ‘nice try!” and ‘I’m so proud of you!’ really make a difference when said even for the simplest achievements like running, kicking the ball or following a basic instruction.
• There are some children who need their parents by their side while doing the drills. This works for some but we do suggest slowly “letting go” and encouraging your child to try it by himself/herself once you see him/her getting comfortable with the surroundings, especially if your child is 4 years old or above. In any case, guardians or parents on the field with their child are requested be conscious of where they position themselves, in order not to block the view of their child or the other participants from seeing the coach or the demonstrations being shown.
• It is expected that their attention span is short and they may leave the field in the middle of the session looking for their mommies and daddies. This is normal. Some days they may be more attentive and on other days, completely not in the mood to play. Through experience, we have seen that kids who arrive late or take naps right before soccer time are not immediately participative. Please try to come at least 10-15 mins. before the session starts so your child has time to get settled in.
• A scrimmage is played in the last 10-15 mins. of the session. Majority of kids in this age bracket cannot comprehend why there is only one ball for all the children. However they still are made to engage in a scrimmage so that they are exposed to the actual game of soccer, even if they are in the “my ball only” stage. If your child joins all the activities except scrimmage, we suggest keeping him/ her near the field watching the game so that he/she can still see how it is being played. Having you by his/her side explaining the nature of the game while it’s going on might aid in his/her participation later on.
Enrollment fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Futbol Funatics offers prorated rates for those who have trips/vacations planned on particular dates or who simply want to leave allowance for potential absences. Carry-over/Make-up slips are given only in the following circumstances:
• Absence due to medical reasons supported by the submission of a medical certificate
• Absence due to a death in the family supported by a death certificate or an email letter of request stating conflict of wake or burial with child’s football class
• Absence due to weather (Please see FAQ on WEATHER)
Moreover, if it so happens that a session you pre-paid for pushes through on a rainy day and your child is unable to play in the rain (ex. recovering from an illness), you may send a text message to the Futbol Funatics mobile number and request for consideration to receive a carry-over slip.
ON UNIFORM & GEAR:
Im only here for a one-month vacation and will just be catching a few sessions, do i need to buy the uniform?
My friend’s child outgrew his old Futbol Funatics uniform, can I have my child use his instead of buying a new one?
How will I know if a new module is about to start and it’s time for me to reserve a slot? Will I be sent a text advisory?
Can I avail of the 10-session promo package and consume it in the next module if I miss a few from the current module?
Do we need to advise via text every time we are coming if we are just coming on a drop-in basis and paying per session?
I will not be able to accompany my child on the first day of class. Can I pay via deposit or at your office before the module starts?
ON THE COACHES AND CLASSES: